Error 1 an error occurred while validating hresult 80004005
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard) • Error 0xc004700c: Data Flow Task 1: One or more component failed validation.
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard) The issue here is that the ‘System Information ID’ column in this table is defined as an identity column, although that’s not immediately obvious from the error message.
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I upgraded one of my computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Windows Update.
It had been nagging me to upgrade for awhile and I finally gave in and did it.
Error: 0x C00F9304 at Package, Connection manager “Excel Connection Manager”: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDB_EXCEL_NOT_SUPPORTED: The Excel Connection Manager is not supported in the 64-bit version of SSIS, as no OLE DB provider is available. If the 64-bit driver is not installed, run the package in 32-bit mode. End Error Error: 2013-10-01 .05 Code: 0x C001002B Source: Package Connection manager “Excel Connection Manager” Description: The ‘Microsoft. OLEDB.12.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine. Link Id=219816 End Error Error: 2013-10-01 .05 Code: 0x C020801C Source: Load Excel File Excel 2010 Destination  Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.
There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the Acquire Connection method call failed. Pipeline: component “Excel 2010 Destination” (19) failed validation and returned error code 0x C020801C. End Error Error: 2013-10-01 .05 Code: 0x C0047017 Source: Load Excel File SSIS.
The wizard doesn’t treat identity columns any differently to other columns, so will usually fail when trying to insert data into a table that has an identity column.
However the error message can be a bit misleading : - Validating (Error) Messages • Error 0xc0202049: Data Flow Task 1: Failure inserting into the read-only column "System Information ID".
Pipeline Description: One or more component failed validation. I embrace a minimalist’s approach to software installation on all my servers.
The upgrade appeared to go smoothly, but when I logged on to Windows 10 for the first time, I realized that I didn’t have any of my settings or files.
I checked the Application event log and sure enough, I was logged in with a TEMP profile.
(For more information about Sqlcmd, see "Sqlcmd"; for related articles about SQL Server 2005 and SSIS, see the Learning Path below.) In this article, I explain how to use Sqlcmd and SSIS to construct and populate the DBA_Rep repository database.
In a later article I'll explain how to build and deploy the three SSRS reports designed to deliver the data from this repository.
I Googled this a bit, thinking that perhaps it has happened to a few other people who could point me to a quick resolution, but it didn’t seem to be a common problem.